zaterdag 26 februari 2011

Which mask do you...

In the beginning of my boyfriend and my relationship,
I noticed something.
Whenever we were out, amongst friends he would act like that.
Whenever we were with my brother, his best friend, he would act like this.
Whenever he was with his sister he would act like ...
But whenever he was with me, he was like, my Tanguy.

I asked him, hey what is up with you being so multiple?
And he told me that he was still himself but with another mask.
I asked if he found that this was necesarry, and he said yes.
So many people have so many expectations of our being.
But I was happy that I got to see all his pieces of his puzzle.

Now I never wear a mask, I always showed everybody my me.
But now as I grow older, maybe a little wiser, I come to understand,
that if you live by the motto "take me as I am, or don't have me at all",
you will be left with a tiny bit of people.

So now, instead of confronting the people with their alterego's,
as I realised everybody has their own set of masks,
I might have to get a few myself.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten